Shipping & Delivery
Shipping & Delivery
BBQ Island Delivery Information:
- We are very excited for you to receive your new BBQ Island!
- Your BBQ Island will be delivered via a Freight truck to the location closest to where the freight truck has reasonable access to at the end of or on your driveway. Please arrange help ahead of time for the island to be taken off of the truck and brought to where you need it on your property so the delivery process can be as smooth as possible.
When ordering a custom BBQ Island, you may have a delivery option of selecting "You take off the truck" or "We take it off the truck." If you see this option, it means that your item is too large for a traditional lift gate delivery, and alternative shipping options are necessary to safely get your item off the freight vehicle.
If you select the "You take it off the truck" option, it means that Better Patio will be responsible for making sure the freight team has the appropriate equipment to remove the items from the truck safely and securely for curbside delivery.
If you select the "We take it off the truck" option, it means you will be responsible for making sure you have the appropriate equipment to assist in unloading these extreme length items. In most cases, if you have a forklift, loading dock or a general contractor or landscaper with heavy equipment normally used to move pallets, you can choose this option. Please review the shipping and pallet lengths on the product pages to confirm.
- The freight truck company will call you ahead of time to schedule a delivery appointment. Somebody must be available at the drop off location to accept and sign for the island.
- It is your responsibility to inspect the island once it is offloaded. The driver will give you time to inspect the island. If there is any visible damage to the packaging or to the island itself, this must be noted on the Proof of Delivery document that you will sign. Please make sure to inspect the island well as if there is any external damage that is not noted, the freight company and Better Patio will be released from their liability for the damage. Although damage generally does not happen, please note it on the Proof of Delivery, and call our customer service department at 866-412-1555.
- Any trash or debris removal is not the drivers responsibility.