Chicago Brick Oven, a manufacturer of ovens, warrants the products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment. Local regulations about wood-burning and gas-burning equipment should be consulted.
QUALIFICATIONS TO THE WARRANTY
The complete Warranty is further subject to the following qualifications:
- The oven must be installed in accordance with CBO installation instructions and local building codes.
- Moisture can cause significant damage to the oven/hearth. Therefore, the enclosure/shroud (stone, brick, stucco, etc.) that surrounds the oven/hearth must be sealed and waterproof. Failure to do so will void this Warranty.
- The oven is subjected to normal use, including burning such natural gas fuels as non-treated wood. Fuel products with abnormal burning characteristics including, but not limited to, fuel such as driftwood, coal or plywood and wood products using a binder, may burn at excessive temperatures and may cause damage to the oven or may cause it to function improperly. CBO does not warrant the oven when such fuels have been used.
- This Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear. Note that all refractory materials will form small cracks over time. These cracks will not affect the performance of the oven.
- This Warranty does not apply to any cracking caused by over-firing or the failure to follow a proper curing schedule as outlined in the User Manual supplied with your oven or found online at www.chicagobrickoven.com.
- All CBO ovens are shipped FOB Factory by a third-party carrier. It is the recipient’s responsibility to inspect the product(s) for damage before accepting/signing for the delivery. Damages incurred during shipment must be addressed with the carrier at the time of delivery.
- A certain amount of pitting naturally occurs during the vibration and screeding (leveling and smoothing) techniques used in manufacturing refractory precast shapes. Also, due to the blending of minerals used to create refractory and the high temperatures used to kiln-fire the oven’s dome, hearth and arch, some color variation may occur. These variations are cosmetic and are not detrimental to the function of the oven.
- Any alterations made to prefabricated ovens without written approval from Chicago Brick Oven will void Warranty.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
It is expressly agreed and understood that CBO’s sole obligation and purchaser’s exclusive remedy under this Warranty, under any other warranty, expressed or implied, otherwise, shall be limited to replacement, repair, or refund, as specified above. In no event shall CBO be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages caused by defects in its products, whether such damage occurs or is discovered before or after replacement or repair, and whether or not such damage is caused by CBO’s negligence. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The duration of any implied warranty with respect to this oven is limited to the duration of the foregoing warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above may not apply to you.
INVESTIGATION OF CLAIMS AGAINST WARRANTY
CBO reserves the right to investigate any and all claims against this Warranty and to decide upon the method of settlement.
DEALERS HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO ALTER THIS WARRANTY
CBO employees and dealers have no authority to make any warranties, nor to authorize any remedies in addition to or inconsistent with those stated above.
HOW TO REGISTER A CLAIM AGAINST WARRANTY
In order for any claim under this Warranty to be valid, CBO must be notified of the claimed defect in writing via email (email@example.com) or by telephone (+1-877-232-5079). Claims against this Warranty in writing should include the date of installation and a description of the defect.